Sunday, January 3, 2010

Psychosis

Perhaps I should explain what a depressive psychosis is.  There are many different layers to depression.  It can run the gambit from feeling down in the dumps to completely losing contact with one's self.  When it reaches the point where you are hearing or seeing things that aren't there, when you lose your grasp on reality, like who you are, that is called psychosis.  You may have heard of Andrea Yates who in June of 2001 killed all five of her children while she was experiencing postpartem depression.  She was experiencing something called postpartem psychosis.  She lost contact with herself and did something her real self would consider to be unthinkable.

It is rare for women to experience postpartem psychosis to such a severe degree.  I just happen to be one of the few.  I honestly do not know where I would be, or what would have happened if I had not been blessed with the knowledge of the gospel which I have been given. 

No comments:

Post a Comment