Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Faith

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, otherwise known as The Mormons. My faith is a deep, integral part of who I am. It is the key which has kept me alive, which at times has also kept my family alive in spite of the mental illness we must face on a day to day basis.

As a Mormon I believe in the King James version of The Holy Bible, The Book of Mormon, The Pearl of Great Price and the Doctorine and Covenants, all to be sacred scripture. Most of the time, when I referr to scripture in this blog, I will be trying to focus on the Bible, mainly because it is the basis of Christian faith, something many people in addition to Mormons can understand. At times, however, I will referr to the other scriptures. They are all very important to me.

To try separating my faith from my depression would be like asking me to breathe without air. It can't be done, so I'm not going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment