Monday, January 4, 2010

BE

Things we need
do not include
-wrapping paper
or the present it holds.

-that last minute
ice cream Sundae.

-everything on sale
just because it's on sale.

Things we need
do not include
the latest car
the biggest house
designer clothes
gourmet meals . . .

No.

All I need to do is breathe.

Quit breathing.
Then you'll have some serious problems.

Give me food
Shelter
Clothes

And my ice cream Sundae
will always be
You.

That present without paper?
You.

That super sale item worth amazingly more than the miniscule cost?
Unquestionably, indubitably, incredibly and always
You.

So do me a favor
suck in that air
let it out
do it again.

Eat.
Sleep.
Survive.

BE
for me.

I promise I'll return the favor
even if it isn't enough to pay you back
for everything you give to me
every day
every hour
every minute

You
are what I need.
BE
and let me breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment