Sunday, January 3, 2010

I Corinthians 10:13

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

This scripture very literally saved my life.  I was on the brink of going into a complete psychosis.  It was as if another being, a creature of intense evil, was trying to take over control of my body.  The person I knew to be myself was like a fly on the wall, watching helplessly as the strange alien evil being specifically plotted out how to kill my infant son, my husband, and myself.  It was taking all I had to keep myself from grabbing the biggest knife in our kitchen.  Then I remembered this promise, that I would not be tempted above that which I was able to withstand.  Because of this scripture I knew there had to be some way to escape, so stubbornly, I held on first whispering, then squeaking out cries for help until I was finally able to awaken my husband.  I was so ashamed of what had been in my head I couldn't tell my husband what had been going on, only that I needed him to be with me for a while.  And he, being the wonderful man that he is, patiently held me until the demon in my mind finally went away.

No comments:

Post a Comment