Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 20, 2010 Murphy's Law Strikes Again

Here I am sitting in George Bush Intercontinental Airport half asleep because I've been up since 5:00 a.m. from a rather painful sleepless night as it was.  Things were going pretty good, according to my plans this morning.  Everything was packed by 5:40.  I even had my makeup on.  Then, while we were in the car headed to the airport, I checked my iphone to discover which terminal we needed to head for only to find that my flight wasn't listed.  Last night I printed my boarding passes.  Everything seemed to be in good order . . .

So I go to the luggage drop off.  My barcode won't scan.  The attendant comes over to help me.  Next thing I know, she's telling me my flights were actually reversed.  My 7:40 a.m. flight today is running out of Salt Lake City to Houston, not the other way around and vise versa.

Some twenty minutes later everything finally gets sorted out.  I've got a flight leaving Houston at 9:40.  Now my return flight is at 7:40 from Salt Lake which means I've got another 5:00 a.m. start come Sunday morning.

Why am I running off to Salt Lake?  The impending wedding has me worried into knots.  On the internet all the dresses hve to be ordered ten weeks in advance.  I've got less than eight.  Eight weeks is too short for even the rush order options.  Even if I could do a rush order they cost all kinds of more money which only adds to the ever increasing total bill for this enterprise.  I hate spending fat chunks of money.  It terrifies me.

Talk about sleepy . . . I'm about ready to drop off into lala land.  The drammamene isn't going to help.  Of course, I have to get airsick at the drop of a hat. zzzzz . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment