Tuesday, March 2, 2010

RESURRECTION

I think I was reborn today.

The nightmare bills,
toothpaste sink,
my son's soiled bed,
my daughter's crayon fit,
the cluttered mess of things undone
dreams and 'shoulds'
'can'ts' and wants
was gone.

Gliding 'crost the silver sound of rustling leaves
was me,
back home
in worn out jeans,
too small shirt,
hair uncombed
in Our front yard.

That was safe.
That was me,
when thinking was a luxury.

I cleaned the sink,
washed the sheets,
scrubbed the wax from walls and floor,
The cluttered mess still lurks around.
I'll find some way to solve the bills.

I'm here,
right here,
where just beyond the window screen
the wind still blows
the world is green
and even though I'm years away
the laughing trees
still stirred my mind.

New born,
Slapped hard
I floundered for that lifeblood gas
of bright blue skies
and new cut grass.

I'm breathing now.
The air is sweet.
Once again,
I
can think.

No comments:

Post a Comment